Ch2: God Revealed as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- 1. What do the Scriptures further teach concerning God?
That God revealed Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- 1 John 5:7, 2 Corinthians 13:14, Matthew 3:16-17
- 2. What do the Scriptures testify of God the Father?
That He is the true Father over all called children in heaven and earth; that He is the Father of all believers and that He is in a special manner, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Ephesians 3:15, 1 Corinthians 8:6, 2 Corinthians 1:3
- 3. What is said in the Scriptures of Christ, the Son of God?
That He is the true and only begotten Son of God.
- Psalm 2:7, Romans 8:32, John 1:14
- 4. Is Jesus Christ the Son of God from all eternity?
Yes. He was with the Father before the world was; whose going forth have been from of old, from ancient days.
- John 17:5, Micah 5:2
- 5. Is He also true God?
Yes. He is the true God, and eternal life.
- 1 John 5:20
- 6. What do the Scriptures teach concerning the Holy Spirit?
That He is a true Holy Spirit, sent from the Father by the Son, therefore coming from the Father and the Son.
- John 15:26, John 14:26
- 7. Is the Holy Spirit also called God?
Yes. For when Ananias had lied to the Holy Spirit, Peter said, “You have not lied to man, but to God.”
- Acts 5:3-4
- 8. Are then the Father, Son and Holy Spirit three Gods?
No. There is only one God, for these three are one.
- Mark 12:29, 1 John 5:7
Ch3: How God Created Everything
- 1. By whom did God create all things?
He created all things by Jesus Christ, through whom he also made the world.
- Ephesians 3:9, Hebrews 1:2
- 2. Did the Holy Spirit also have a part in the work of creation?
Yes. By the word of the Lord were the heavens made and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.
- Psalm 33:6
- 3. In how many days did God create all things?
In six days, God made heaven and earth and all things and rested on the seventh day and blessed and sanctified it.
- Genesis 1-2