Ch3: How God Created Everything
- 1. By whom did God create all things?
He created all things by Jesus Christ, through whom he also made the world.
- Ephesians 3:9, Hebrews 1:2
- 2. Did the Holy Spirit also have a part in the work of creation?
Yes. By the word of the Lord were the heavens made and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.
- Psalm 33:6
- 3. In how many days did God create all things?
In six days, God made heaven and earth and all things and rested on the seventh day and blessed and sanctified it.
- Genesis 1-2
I. The Creation of Man
- 4. What did God create in His own image?
God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created them.
- Genesis 1:27
- 5. How many human beings did God create in the beginning?
Only two; Adam and Eve. From them all mankind has descended.
- Acts 17:26
- 6. Out of what was Adam created?
Out of the dust of the ground; and God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life.
- Genesis 3:7
- 7. How was Eve created?
The Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept; and God took one of the ribs and made a woman from it and brought her to him.
- Genesis 2:21-22
- 8. Where did the Lord God place our first parents, Adam and Eve?
In a garden in Eden.
- Genesis 2:8
- II. The Creation of the Angels
- 9. Are there also created beings in heaven?
Yes. The Angels.
- Hebrews 1:6-7, Colossians 1:16
- 10. What are angels?
They are ministering spirits.
- Hebrews 1:7-14, Ephesians 3:10
- 11. For what purpose did God create angels?
To praise and extol God, and minister to the good of his children.
- Isaiah 6:1-3, Matthew 18:10, Psalm 34:7, Daniel 10:13
- 12. Did some of the angels rebel against God?
Yes. Some left their proper dwelling and are reserved in everlasting chains under darkness until the judgment of the great day.
- Isaiah 14:12-15, Jude 6, Ephesians 6:12
- 13. What are they called?
Evil spirits or devils.
- Luke 7:21, Mark 5:12
- 14. What is their nature and activity?
They are enemies of God and seek the eternal destruction of mankind.
- 1 Peter 5:8
- Ch4: God the Preserver and Ruler of the World
- 1. Does God provide for His creatures?
Yes. He causes the grass to grow for the beast, and herb for man. He gives food to all in his time, life and breath and everything.
- Psalm 104:14, Psalm 145:15, Acts 17:25
- 2. Can anything live without God’s care?
No. For if he takes away their breath, they die.
- Psalm 104:29
- 3. Does God govern all things He created?
Yes. He governs the nations upon the earth, and he will reign forever and ever.
- Psalm 67:4
- 4. Can we understand God’s care and government?
No. God’s ways are past finding out, and his judgments are unsearchable.
- Romans 11:33, Psalm 147:5
- 5. What does all this teach us?
That we should trust in God, our Creator, preserver, and ruler, cast all our care upon him, and seek his kingdom and his righteousness, trusting that all things will be added to us.
- Matthew 6:33, 1 Peter 5:7